Errors 1316, 1603 and 1706 are caused by the Windows Installer. Please follow these steps carefully as they will resolve the problem.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN: Save your work and Exit all programs that are running.
1. Download and install the Windows Installer Clean-up Utility
2. Download the Windows TempCleaner
to your desktop.
3. Run the Windows Installer Clean-up Utility by clicking the Windows Start button, selecting All Programs and then clicking the Windows Install Cleanup icon. Select and remove Only
the SmartSound Quicktracks Plug-in. Once done, browse to C:\Program Files\SmartSound Software and delete the Quicktracks folder.
4. Restart your computer. When ready (and before you run any programs), double-click the TempCleaner.exe file you saved to your desktop.
5. Download, save and run the SmartSound Quicktracks
6. Once installed, Run your video editing software (Pinnacle, Ulead, Avid or CyberLink) and test to see that it is working.