Tilman Sillescu is an award-winning composer for video games, movies, television and movie trailers.
At a very early age Tilman showed an intense interest in orchestral music. After studying classical music in 1995 at Johannes-Gutenberg-University in Mainz, he moved to Frankfurt to achieve his certificate in jazz and popular music at Frankfurt University of Music and Performing Arts. In 1999 he had the privilegue to teach Bachelor of Musical Arts at the Mainz University.
In 2001 he became a co-founder of the company Dynamedion (together with Pierre Langer) which has since become the leader in soundtrack composition in the continental European computer game market. Together with the Dynamedion team, he started writing epic orchestral soundtracks for videogames like Spellforce1+2, Paraworld, Anno1701 or The Settlers.
In 2007, Tilman won the prestigious G.A.N.G. Audio Award in San Francisco for his cinematic orchestral piece Titan from the videogame Paraworld, beating top-seeded tracks such as Star Trek: Legacy, Hitman: Blood Money or Dreamfall. In the same year, his maintheme for the videogame Spellforce2 (featuring singer Conny Kollet) achieved a nomination for the best vocal piece.
Since 2005, Tilman's music has been performed in many orchestral concerts, including GC Symphonic Game Music Concerts in the Gewandhaus Leipzig (Spellforce2, Anno1701, Stranglehold) and the PLAY! A Video Game Symphony concert 2007 in Stockholm.
Currently Tilman is working as Lead Composer and Creative Director at Dynamedion GbR, scoring many exciting Video game projects as well as writing and producing music for movie trailers, television and libraries.
European Games Award 2011 Best Soundtrack Crysis 2
5th annual G.A.N.G. Audio Award 2007 San Francisco Best Original Instrumental Piece: 1st Place with Titan (Paraworld Maintheme)
5th annual G.A.N.G. Audio Award 2007 San Francisco Best Original Vocal Piece: Nomination with Shadow Song (Spellforce2 Maintheme featuring singer Conny Kollet)
German Game Developer Award 2008 Award Best German Soundtrack 2008″ for The Dark Eye (DSA) Drakensang
German Game Developer Award 2007 Award Best German Soundtrack 2007″ for The Settlers: Rise Of An Empire
German Game Developer Award 2006 2nd place Best German Soundtrack 2006″ for Anno1701 (1701 A.D.)
German Game Developer Award 2004 Award Best German Soundtrack 2004″ for Spellforce: The Breath Of Winter
PC Games-Award 2008 Sound Reference for Anno1701 Curse Of The Dragon
- Crysis 2 - Crytek (Germany) / EA (USA) European Games Award -Best Sound 2011″
- Anno2070 - Related Designs (Germany) / Ubisoft (France)
- Arcania - Gothic 4 - Spellbound (Germany) / Jowood (Austria)
- Kane&Lynch 2:Dog Days - IO Interactive (Europe) / Square Enix (Europe)
- BattleForge - EA Phenomic (Germany) / EA (USA)
- Anno 1404 (1404 A.D.) - Related Designs (Germany) / Ubisoft (France)Award -Best German Soundtrack 2009″
- Runes of Magic - RuneWaker (Taiwan) / Frogster (Germany)
- Black Prophecy - Reakktor (Germany)
- John Woo-s -Stranglehold- - Midway Games (USA)
- The Dark Eye (DSA) -Drakensang- - Radon Labs (Germany) / DTP (Germany)
Award -Best German Soundtrack 2008″
- Sacred 2 - Ascaron (Germany) / Deep Silver (Germany)
- The Settlers -Rise of an Empire- - Bluebyte (Germany) / Ubisoft (France)
Award -Best German Soundtrack 2007″
- Gothic 3 - E3 Trailer - Piranha Bytes (Germany) / JoWooD (Germany)
- Anno 1701 (1701 A.D.) - Related Designs (Germany) / Sunflowers (Germany)
2nd place -Best German Soundtrack 2006-
- Paraworld - SEK (Germany) / Sunflowers (Germany)
1st place -Best Original Instrumental-, G.A.N.G. Audio Awards GDC SanFrancisco 2007
- SpellForce 2 -Shadow Wars- - Phenomic (Germany) / JoWooD (Germany)
Nomination -Best Original Vocal-, G.A.N.G. Audio Awards GDC SanFrancisco 2007
- SpellForce -The Order of Dawn- - Phenomic (Germany) / JoWooD (Germany)
- SpellForce -The Breath of Winter- - Phenomic (Germany) / JoWooD (Germany)
1st place -Best German Game Soundtrack 2004-
- Legend -Hand of God- - Master Creating (Germany) / DTP (Germany)
- The Guild 2 - 4Head Studios (Germany) / JoWooD (Germany)
- Silverfall - Monte Cristo Games (France)
- Darkstar One - Ascaron (Germany)
3rd place -Best German Soundtrack 2006-